Berkeley Chemistry Research, Academics, and Mentoring program (B-CRAM)
IPCP is proud to offer the Berkeley Chemistry Research, Academics, and Mentoring program (B-CRAM). Enjoy hands-on experiential learning at the world’s top ranked chemistry program!
Find out what it takes to be a successful scientist as you work side by side with Berkeley’s award-winning chemistry professors. Participate in cutting-edge laboratory experiments, innovate solutions to scientific problems, engage in classroom discussions, and immerse yourself in the Berkeley campus experience, all while making new friends and enjoying the many cultural highlights of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Program Dates: July 14 – July 27, 2019
Target Students: Grade 8 to 12
Program fee: USD 6,200
Application fee (nonrefundable): USD 50
Application deadline: May 31, 2019
- a 350-500 word personal statement that describes 1) your aspirations for the program, 2) a personal challenge you had to overcome and how you did so, and 3) what your plans will be if you do not get accepted.
- Students must demonstrate English fluency
Program features, services, and amenities:
- Laboratory and classroom work with inorganic chemistry: topics include Octet Rule and Chemical Bonds, Free Energy, Equilibrium and Acid Base Chemistry
- Classes taught by experienced U.C. Berkeley professors
- Intensive 80-hour program (equivalent to a half-semester of coursework)
- Interactive, instant feedback model of instruction
- Mentorship and tutoring from U.C. Berkeley undergraduate student advisors
- Workshops on college admissions and student success
- Certificate signed by UC Berkeley College of Chemistry after completion of the program.
- Guided tours of the San Francisco Bay Area, with transportation included: Lombard Street, Fisherman’s Wharf, Legion of Honor Museum, de Young Museum, premier shopping centers, and more
- Housing located steps from the Berkeley campus, with chaperones, evening meals, linen service, high-speed Internet access, and common areas to relax and chat with friends
- Transportation between San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and your residence in Berkeley
Program Schedule* (2019 program schedule is subject to change):
Students are scheduled to receive instruction Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm with one hour break for lunch. Research seminars, presentations by the Admissions Office, a campus tour, tour of LBNL will also be included in the weekday schedule.